COVID Musings 3
Following up on the new importance of online ordering and delivery services for groceries, this will then lead to the online ordering app as being the primary customer focusing competitive weapon for grocers.
We should see improvements such as:
- integration into customer loyalty programs, like the Kroger Card, which then uses big data to customize interactions with customers.
- the rise of customer reviews of products
- all products are equal, none on a high shelf, none on a low shelf
- flyers and advertising promotions moved to the online shopping experience
- manufacturers will need to shift marketing spending to co-marketing efforts with grocers via their online apps
- automatic inclusion of manufacturer coupons
-just in time, targeted promotions depending on customer preferences
- integration with online recipe sites